Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Interview with @KillNoah



My first Written Interview with my Producer soon to be Rapper EndyEnds. (PLAY THAT SHIT ENDY) I came across Endy thru soundcloud just listening. He makes some drop shit!  And now we're like Twitter Bestfriends. Check out the interview below. 



1) your name, age, where you from, zodiac sign

I go by EndyEnds for music, but my name is Noah. I'm from Virginia, and I'm an Aries. Which is good cus I have heard Aries will do great things this year.

2) In your own words describe what is a music producer?

A music producer is someone who creates the actual "music" part of a song. All genres of music have producers, if not artists would have no music to put their words to. 

3) Do you do anything besides producing music?

I smoke a lot, I'm going to school to become a studio engineer right now, and I'm also starting to rap a bit.
4) Your favorite artist to work with?

My favorite artist to work with is definitely Josh Wheels, because he was the first artists I ever linked with. But I also love workin' with OG Pink Lips and KxRoc.... shoutout my nigga Zehtroid VZN too , I just wanted to say that.

5) If you could work with anyone dead or alive, who would it be?

Dead - Kurt Cobain .... Alive - Wiz Khalifa

6) What are your influences and what music styles do you listen to?

 I listen to many different styles of rap, from big trap artists like Rick Ross, to the big weed rappers like Wiz and Curren$y... But I'm influenced mainly by the underground, stuff like Black Kray, Chris Traivis, Bones, X Wulf, Raider Klan, Two9,, etc... And shoutout my nigga Kodyak.... he's definitely one of my favorite underground producers, I try to learn a lot from his beats

7) When did you know you wanted to be a producer? Was there a song or artist in particular that inspired you to be a producer?

I knew I wanted to produce music when I was a freshman in high school, getting high every morning and listening to old Wiz tapes like "Star Power" and "Flight School" 

8) Around how many hours do you produce a week?

 I spend about 10-15 hours a week on producing.. I used to spend more time, but like I said, I'm also tryna get into rapping.

9) What is the best tip you could give about mixing/ mastering?

My best tip about mixing/mastering is that they are not the same thing! usually there are two different engineers, one who mixes and one who masters... it is rare that someone is skilled enough to do both (although i do know people who can).... mastering is a completely different skill than mixing, and requires lots of practice and analog equipment. just because u threw a few plugins on your mix doesnt mean its mastered.

10)What's the craziest thing you've seen in the studio?

craziest thing i've ever seen at a studio was 2 white girls licking molly off each other... well that was at my nigga's home studio lol.

11) Do you have a favorite musical project that you've worked on? Why?

mixtape wise it would be Josh Wheels - Hands On The Wheels , cus I had 3 beats on there and that tape overall is just a great work of art... song wise it would be this song called Lost Visions that I produced for Echalty and Chris Travis... because Chris Travis is one of my favorite rappers. and that's one of my best beats I ever made.. shoutout to Echalty for getting me to link with Travis and Lord Gilgamesh (CrisFails) for making that beat with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment