Friday, November 15, 2013

Harleewood: Being a Host

This past wednesday, I got the opportunity to be the host for Povic Nation's Hip Hop series part 2. The artists performing that night were The cool duo - The Koolest, The talented Jay Ro'se, The Turnt to the MAX Privy, the Dope Ty Harriz, The Smooth Swagg Jones and the Unique Brassious Monk. The turn out was great. It was bigger than the week before. My promotion had to do something with that. To be exact, I think this show has and will have the best promotion by me and the artists. I don't care if its true, I know it is. I couldnt ask for a better group of males musicians to be my guests.

Anyways

I was nervous as crap. I haven't host anything since my junior year in High school, which feels like 78 years ago. So yes, I was nervous and I didn't have a support team to say "You got this." So I was winging it. I had my note cards ready and I hung out with Rome prior, so he helped a lot. I wanted to be the best host, even tho Domo or Amino Lo hasn't host yet. I didn't want to be lame or somebody throw tomatoes at my dress.

(My dress tho....all white lace....cocaine is my color)

After the first couple words were spoken. My nervous began to grow to confidence. I was like fuck it, I got the mic, everybody has to listen to me. Nyck Newz helped me a lot with the cosigns here and there. I also did a mini interview with Irap and I hate being interviewed. I did it for the NC Hip Hop, gotta represent. I guess I have to brand myself whenever and where ever I can.

I enjoyed it. I hope Povic invites me again. Thank you Povic and My lovely males performers.




No comments:

Post a Comment